All software application builders agree on one thing, which is: building these software applications are a complex and time consuming procedure, however these builders usually do not have the privilege of excessive time. That’s when the use of frameworks came into play. People where able to use these frameworks to develop their projects at greater speeds and in much more accurate / stable manner. This was thanks to the framework’s use of generic contents and a common structure as foundation.
Use of the framework allowed for scalability of these projects which facilitated in long term maintenance as well. This was possible due to the standards used through the development process which helped keep the codes organized and accessible for future improvements or amendments.
Having drastically reduced the time constrains from the equation, developers were able to focus more on dedicated tasks such as functionality, quality and sustainability of their programs. One such top of the line PHP framework is Laravel. Let’s have a look at it now.
Laravel – A Brief Intro
This is one of the best PHP web application frameworks of the new generation available out there. It is an expressive elegant syntax, which is aimed at bringing comfort to web developers by making the common tasks easy, which includes caching, sessions, routing as well as authentication. It gives access to powerful tools such as expressive migration system, inversion control container and integrated unit testing support. All of which are needed for the development of applications that are large, complex and robust. From complex applications to simple ones, Laravel is apt for all type or size of projects. This framework is built over many Symfony components that helps it provide a strong & tested code as the foundation. Its composer grants you the ability to manage all the 3rd party packages of your applications. This also works extremely well with SQLite, SQL Server, Postgres and MySQL.
Laravel combines the best of all that is offered through other frameworks on the web which includes implementations from different languages like ASP.NET MVC, Sinatra and Ruby on Rails.
Now, let’s take a much deeper look into the features of this framework.
Features of Laravel
The most prominent features of Laravel, that’s keeping developers’ on the edge of their seats.
• Bundles – The bundles are typically simple packages that offer added functionalities that helps you save a lot of time and coding when used. They usually contain some of the most commonly used functionalities.
• Class Autoloading – The auto-load feature assures that all the components are loaded at the right time, saving the developers a lot on tedious and menial works.
• View Composer – These are specific codes that run while the “view” is on load.
• Unit Testing – The framework allows for the users to create the unit test very easily and then run them using Artisan utility. And, one of the important aspect is that it supports number of test by itself, thus, ensuring the application’s greater stability.
• The Eloquent ORM – This is by default one of the most sophisticated PHP Active-Record implementations that’s available, making it apt at applying constrains to nested eager loading as well as relationships. By doing that it grants you complete control on the data, with convenience.
• Application Logic – This can either be applied to your application directly or by using the controllers.
• Reverse Routing – Reverse routing allows the creation of links directly to named routes, thus, when the developers are creating new links, they just need to use the route’s names, which will get the right URLs inserted automatically. Also, future updates or changes to the routes are as effective as well.
• Restful Controllers – This is an alternate way of separating the “GET” & “POST” request logic.
• Inversion of Control (IoC) Container – With IoC the developers can create optional instants or new objects, etc without the need to bootstrapping external libraries. It also grants you the freedom to access those objects anywhere and not get bothered by inflexible structures.
With all these features, Laravel is one of kind PHP web application framework that’s here to take advantage of the developers’ potential and boost their effectiveness in building new applications. As the web development technologies undergo rapid changes, you can count on our team to keep your web apps up to date!